Creating website is very simple & less expensive today. But the main problem is to improve rank in search engine. For the same, we have to clear the concept of SEO because we have no choice. There are lots of expert web developer & designer. But there are many of guys do not know what is SEO & its importance. If you don’t know about the SEO then I recommend you to learn SEO terms before you start blogging. So in this article, we mention some major terms which every blogger should know.
- 15 Amazing Ways to Get Quality Backlinks
- Top 5 Free Places for Learn SEO Online
- Advice to Those Starting SEO as a Career
12 Essential SEO Terms Every Blogger Should Know
- SEM (Search Engine Marketing): as the name suggest, SEM is the process of marketing services, products through the search engine. SEM is split into two parts.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization): Search engine optimization is the process of optimizes your website & makes your website visible in search engine.
- PPC (Pay Per Click): PPC is the process of Purchasing click from the search engine. In other words, we can say PPC is the advertisement model used to direct traffic from your website.
- Backlinks: Backlinks is the Major term in the field of SEO. It’s simply called link, it is a hyperlink on another website pointing revert to your website. Backlinks are important for SEO because lots of things depend on backlinks such as Page Rank, search engine ranking.
- Meta Title Tag: Meta title tag is defining the title of web page or document, and it’s one of the important terms inside Google algorithm. Generally, your title tag should be attractive, unique and contain the main keyword of your page.
- Meta Tags: Meta tags describe your page content in front of the search engine. The Meta tags are inserting inside the Head section in your HTML code and thus are not visible to the human reader. With the help of Meta tags Search Engine display a description of your page.
- Anchor Test: Anchor text is the clickable text in a hyperlink. Using your keyword in Anchor texts helps with SEO because will associate this keyword with the content of your website.
- Search Algorithm: As you know Google using Algorithm for fetching the most relevant pages for any searches. Search engine algorithm considering lots of factor before fetch the data including the page rank, meta tag, title tag, content of web page, load time, images & lots more.
- Sandbox: The Google sandbox is a filter for placed on new websites. Generally, sandbox collects the result of a site that does not get the good ranking for its important keywords. When the website in the sandbox, they won’t appear in the search result for normal search queries. When it will move out from sandbox and into the main index.
- Keyword Density: keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword or phrase appears on a web page. Keywords density is a factor which is used to determine whether a web page is relevant to a specified keyword or Phrase.
- Keyword Stuffing: Keyword density is an SEO technique used to insert the keyword in the Meta tags or in the content of web page so search engines will read the page as relevant in the web search.
- Cloaking: Clocking is a technique which is used in Black Hat SEO (Search Engine Optimization technique) that enables to create two different pages. Where the page content being presented to the Search engine is different from that which is being presented to user’s browser.
- Robots.txt: Robots.txt is a text file webmasters create to instruct Search Engine robots. It helps to Block search engine bots to index & crawl important part of our website/ blog. Sometimes a wrong configuration of the Robots.text file can let your presence completely go away from the Search engine.
- Page Rank: Page rank is just a ranking system Invented by Google; on which basis checks your online presence. Google Page Rank is based on 0-10 Scale determine a page’s importance, reliability and authority on the web according to Google. Page rank is Page Specific metric instead of site specific