PHP started out as a small open source project that evolved as more and more people found out how useful it was. Rasmus Lerdorf unleashed the first version of PHP way back in 1994. PHP is now officially known as PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor. PHP is a Programming Language that allows developers to create dynamic content that interacts with the database. PHP is server side scripting language, generally used to Create Web-based application. Many developers like to use PHP Programming Language at the most. Because PHP programming has several major characteristics.
- 7 Free Books for Learning PHP
- PHP interview Question & answers for Freshers
- Basic HTML interview Questions & Answers for freshers
Advantage of PHP programming:
- Simple: developers found PHP is easy to use and simple among the other scripting language such as ASP.net, or Perl. it has easy & logical Syntex with easy command function to optimize the application. : PHP is extremely simple programming language. PHP syntax is very clear & consistent. The main reason of popularity of PHP is the easy learning curve & large developer community. To simplify web development a number of frameworks have been included with this. The most famous networks based on PHP are WordPress and Facebook. very easy to used web-based tools in PHP like Google maps.
- Performance: PHP Script execution Performance is faster as compare to the other scripting language. PHP is the complete alternative of ASP.NET, JSP and Perl. PHP engine was completely redesigned with a memory manager to improve performance.
- Flexible: PHP is very flexible on and after the completing the project. PHP can be easily embedded into HTML. it’s available in documentation with many languages. lots of hosting services have it ready to use. no special configuration.
- Free to Use: and one is the great thing is that PHP is free of cost. PHP is open source language, you do not have any requirement to purchase software or license for running PHP code. so this is also an advantage for developers. There are many hosting companies that will, for a few dollars a month, give you a server running PHP so you can make a website really easily.
- Cross Platform: PHP is east integration & Compatible with various Operating System such as Linux, UNIX, Microsoft Window, and Mac OS. Means you can run your Script to the other platform with PHP. you can integrate PHP with different technologies like Java without requirement re-development.
- Support: a Huge advantage that PHP offer is its community. in PHP a large no of Libraries & extension available for download to extend its core functionality.
- Security: PHP offers security as well that helps prevent malicious attacks with the multilayer security. These security levels can be adjusted in the .ini file.
PHP Programming: Bonus Points
- PHP is a recursive acronym for “PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor”.
- PHP is a server-side scripting language that is embedded in HTML & design for web development.
- PHP is integrated with Popular Database, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Sybase, Informix, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- PHP supports many Major protocols such as POP3, IMAP, and LDAP. PHP4 added support for Java and distributed object architectures (COM and CORBA)
- PHP is forgiving: PHP language tries to be as forgiving as possible.
- PHP Syntax is C-Like