Lots of bloggers are not aware of How Search Engine Works. In other words, we can say lots of people have no idea what’s going on behind the search box. Search Engine Optimization is a very long term process. Basically, the search engine works on 3 Major Stages such as Crawling, Indexing, and retrieval.
Search engine have two major factor: Crawling and building the index, and providing results for search user with a relevant list of the website. once you index your web pages in search engine, search engine find these pages when needed for a search query.
- 12 Essential SEO Terms Every Blogger Should Know.
- Top 10 Reason Why Google Penalty Hurt You Forever.
- Link Building Importance in SEO.
- 13 Off-Page SEO Techniques to Build Your Online Presence.
How search engine works
- Crawling: in the world of SEO, Crawling means following your links and crawling around your website. When bots come to your website they follow other linked pages also on your website. This is one reason that why we create Sitemaps, sitemap contains all the links of our website and Google bots easily use them for a look in deep.
For example – www.precisebench.com is my website and www.precisebench.com/how-search-engine-works are my web page.
- Spiders the web.
- Identify and follow the hyperlinks.
- Retrieve changes & new content.
- Indexing: Indexing is the process of Inserting WebPages into Google search. In this process Search engine will create an index for all Web pages and store them in a database. Google index Web pages for particular keywords so the search engine can identify & retrieve that pages.
- Renders WebPages.
- Analyses the link graph.
- Analyses the content.
- Processing: When someone Search for a particular thing in Search engine, search engine process the request , for a Particular search thing and comparing all the index pages within the database. After that Search engine fetch the relevant data from the database and show results as per relevancy.
- Retrieve documents from the index.
- Ranks documents.
- Calculate Relevancy: When you Search something in Search Engine, usually there will be lots of WebPages that gives the same information. In that case, the search engine will calculate the web page relevancy of each & every web Page and display the top web pages according to relevance. Web pages relevancy depends on many factors.
- Search Results: In this step, search Engine shows the best results as per relevancy of search term. In the last term, you will get the results as per your search term and relevancy of index pages.
The above mention steps are just told you the Backend process about “how Search Engine Works”, many of them don’t know about the process of behind the search engine results. If you have any query regarding the same please share via comments.
Thanks for being here have a Wonderful day.